- Succeeds at working within a matrixed organization without direct lines of control
- Leads a team while also acting as an individual contributor
- Makes spot on decisions with 80% information
- Possesses honesty and passion
- Masters all the skills necessary for his job
- Gets stuff done with a Macgyver type sense of innovation
In fact, if anyone is trying to set their business objectives for the coming business year, just put down you want to be more like Jack Bauer, perhaps sans the violent tendencies, and leave it at that. Who would I pick for real life Jack Bauer for 2005? Probably Admiral Thad Allen who seemed to be one of the only people capable of action during the Katrina crisis.