- Luck - nothing else to say here, but I believe 10% of those who succeed do so through luck
- Passion - Really caring about what you are doing
- Skill - Being good at what you are doing
- Dedication - willing to work the extra hours
- Likability - believe it or not, 80% of people would rather work with someone incompetent, but likable as opposed to the other way around. If you are likable, you get opportunities, people cut you breaks, etc
- Defining your own success - not letting other people define your boundaries, but setting them yourself
No one possesses all of these. Having one aspect probably allows you to be successful some of the time. Having 2 or 3 probably sets you up for life.