Saturday, December 17, 2005

The one baby manual that should replace all others

We must have about twenty baby manuals in our house. The interesting thing about them is that they are all process focused ... How to have a healthy, sleeping baby ... How to feed your baby ... Etc. What I don't see in the book stores are any books focused on the long term development goals of a baby. Something with the title like “How to lay the foundation for a happy human being”. Not that I don't think good sleep is important, but I tend to think the natural processes take care of themselves. Given the state of many families, it seems they could use help on raising more well adjusted children.So here is my quick take on the five things that I think a baby book should focus on helping you foster: empathy, independence, passion, humor, joy and logic.
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

No comments: